- Amazing Killua Cosplay Outfit Ideas and Guide - July 28, 2022
- Zuko Cosplay Guide: Embody The Prince of The Fire Nation - July 28, 2022
- Bakugou Cosplay Outfit Guide: MHA’s Explosive Hero - July 28, 2022
Today, I am going to discuss cosplaying my favorite female well-known heroes in . Her is so iconic that a lot of people who have never played the can recognize her. hero, Tracer, and look at some of my top recommended Tracer Cosplay costume ideas. Tracer is one of the most
If you are looking for a goofy Tracer is a great pick. has some of the most interesting personalities of all shooter games, and for me, Tracer is the coolest of all the women and up there with all heroines in general. with a serious side to ,
I think this is a great for people who are intermediate at cosplaying and like to do characters that have a lot of props. If you are an expert at making props yourself, I am sure Tracer her is going to give you a healthy challenge.
My goal with this guide is to give you the tips and advice you need for a great – or even a perfect – . I will start out by discussing the itself. I do this by going in-depth into their background and personality. After this, I will discuss how Tracer her and what premade options you have on the market.
For the DIY crew, I have added a couple of tips and advice in case you want to make (a part of) the yourself. Then I am going to give my opinion on premade vs homemade costumes.
Finally, at the very end of the article, I am going to answer some frequently asked questions about Tracer!
Tracer from: Background and Personality
Doing great is not that hard. There are tonnes of amazing premade costumes online for sale and if you have a large budget you can commission some pretty amazing artists to make you some props. However, you will have to do a little more effort to make your perfect instead of just great.
To do a perfect – at least in my opinion – you need to act.
Lena Oxton is Tracer her real name. She was a pilot drafted into the Experimental flight program the organization set up. She was the youngest ever test pilot of the entire organization. She was the one that had to test an experimental prototype of a teleporting fighter aircraft named the Slipstream. Unfortunately for her, the teleporting matrix malfunctioned, and she and her plane disappeared, and she was thought to have died.
Well, she didn’t. Months after her disappearance she reappeared, however, something was going on with her body. Its physical form was no longer stable. This caused her body to sometimes disappear and appear. Often times her body was gone for days.
Tracer had developed an affliction that scientists named chronal disassociation. Most scientists except for one had no what exactly was going on. The only scientist who knew what to do was the famous Winston. He developed a chronal accelerator and anchored her body to the now. This way, her body stayed in this timeline at a normal flow of time. She also got the ability to manipulate her own time.
This new ability was of great use to the organization. In virtually no time (pun intended) she became one of the most effective agents the organization had at their disposal.
Lena Oxton is a very happy person. She is always full of energy and is a person who will do everything she can to help her allies. She is a bit of a tomboy and loves joking around with her friends.
She also has a flair for the dramatic, and she loves to do flashy hero poses. While she is quite relaxed and easygoing for the most part, she goes all out when she is fighting and doesn’t hold back at all. She is very energetic and is always prepared to help out at any time (pun intended) if needed.
She is also pretty sarcastic and funny at times. She gets along very well with other heroes and isn’t afraid to tease them. She has some classic lines in the and is known to be one of the more lighthearted people from .
This is what you need for a perfect
Tracer is a pretty recognizable , which is great for cosplayers! I am mainly going to discuss the premade options you have, but I am going to give some DIY tips if you want to make (or add) something of the yourself. Just be aware, if you are going to try and make something yourself it is not going to be easy.
Costumes like these are extremely hard to make if you are a beginner or an intermediary at DIY with clothes. You will need some pretty decent equipment and a great 3D printer for the best results.
This is going to be (very) hard to make. I am not sure how you are going to do this without an industrial sewing machine, so I would strongly advise you to buy the premade. Buying it premade is going to ensure you have an accurate that fits. Buying it premade is also going to save you countless hours of arts and crafts trying to make the perfect.
If you are going to an you should definitely get the weapons. You can actually make these yourself. Her pistols can be 3D printed or made out of styrofoam. You will need to be pretty skilled at painting to make it just right and to make all the details just right. A good is to just buy it online. That is going to save you quite a lot of time, and you will have a great prop right away.
If you do a lot of cosplays, I advise you to buy a great quality the , make sure you can dye it with hair dye and put a hair spray on it without damaging it. that you can reuse for other cosplays you are planning to do. I think you should have at least one short and one long . When you buy
I don’t think you can or should make a yourself. They are pretty cheap online, even the high-quality ones. Tracer has short brown hair that is styled into a pretty recognizable hairstyle. To recreate this hairstyle, you are going to need quite a lot of hairspray to keep the hair stand up for a long time.
If you can not find Tracer boots online, or you do not want to buy them, then white sneakers are a good substitution. If you have white sneakers with black soles, that is going to be an almost perfect substitution. These boots are not going to make or break your , but getting the real deal is going to make your just that bit better.
Tracer wears some pretty cool orange-tinted goggles. You can buy these online, or you can also use sports or ski goggles with an orange tint. This is not going to be perfect, however, so make sure you pick a similar model to the goggles Tracer wears.
Buying premade or making it yourself: Pros and cons!
So, by this point, you probably have decided you want to do a . There are a lot of items you can get online, but you can also make some yourself. Here is what I consider the pros and cons of buying a pre-made .
Getting a premade: Pros
- Very convenient: Buying your own premade is so much easier than making it at home. If you have made your own or even just a couple of props, you surely know how much time this is going to take. If you buy it online, the biggest effort is going to be opening the door. No need to deal with buying materials, reading instructions, and getting equipment.
- Accurate: The Tracer costumes that I found online are extremely accurate to the costumes are in heavy competition with one another to make a that is more accurate and better looking than the others. . I am not great at DIY, so my own creations are not going to look as good and accurate as the ones you can get online. Tracer is a very well-known and often cosplayed , which means suppliers of
- Low risk: Getting something premade is virtually risk-free. If something is wrong, you can just return your package, or get another . If you make things yourself, you might mess up. Depending on when you mess up, this can set you back a lot of hours or there is the possibility you won’t have this item for your .
Getting a premade: Cons
- Pretty expensive: The Tracer costumes out there are quite expensive. While making an accurate party or just a birthday party and you are dressing up as Tracer just once, it is probably not worth it to get the most expensive . out of the same materials is probably going to cost more, you can make it cheaper when you use substitutions. If you are going to a
- Less connection with the If you are just buying the online, you naturally are not going to feel as satisfied wearing it if you made it from scratch. You are going to feel a much stronger connection with the , that you are cosplaying. However, I am not sure if working on a for over 20 hours is worth this feeling. So that is going to be up to you.
- Not unique: There aren’t many high-quality Tracer costumes online. So most people are going to buy the same ones. This means you will likely run into someone with a very similar . While I do not mind that, some people really hate it. So this could be a reason to make the yourself.
Frequently asked questions about cosplaying as Tracer from
Question: Is Tracer a boy or a girl?
Answer: Tracer – or Lena Oxton – is a girl. While she has boyish looks due to the short hair, she is definitely a girl. However, nobody is stopping guys from cosplaying as Tracer. Her can be worn by both men and women, in my opinion. You can also add a twist and make a more male-looking – or female-looking – of the .
Question: Do I need to have a pistol for the ?
Answer: There isn’t a rule you need certain items, but you should get at least a similar-looking blaster. is a shooter and the guns and blasters are all unique to the characters and help to make them a lot more recognizable.
Question: What is the easiest part of the to substitute?
Answer: I think the shoes are the easiest to replace with something you have at home. While her shoes look unique, they are not so detailed, and they don’t stand out so much due to the rest of the looking so flashy. You can just use regular white sneakers with black soles. These look very similar to the shoes she is wearing, and are thus a great substitution if you have a pair like those lying around in your closet.
Final thoughts about doing a
Tracer is a great to . She is very outgoing, witty, and sarcastic and a lot of people can recognize her straight away. Getting a cool online is not hard at all. So if you have the budget to do this, even someone cosplaying for the very first time is going to have an amazing experience doing so.
The downsides of being a are that it is very hard to make costumes yourself. Despite the appearance, it is really hard to find something that a beginner could confidently make themselves without a 3D printer. So you will probably need to buy the .
If you are going to a birthday or a party, and you are not looking for the most impressive to wear, then you can swap out quite a lot of items. Yes, it isn’t going to look as good as a high-quality premade , but you will still have an awesome experience.
I hope you enjoyed my Tracer cosplaying guide! Have I missed something, or do you want to share your experiences cosplaying with others? Leave a comment and let us know!